Portrait Photo

Dianna Wheat has spent a whopping 42 years in the sciences, and has been a teacher at Linn Benton Community College for 20 of those years, and has been a teacher for 22. Talking with Dianna its clear her passion for all things science and education hasn't dulled after all these years "I feel really lucky to work at LB, my partner Allen retired a few years ago and sometimes he try's to persuade me to retire too. He says 'Dianna you've done enough' but I'm just not ready, I'm still having fun!"
Dianna is also a staunch climate activist and states " My roll as a science teacher is to foment change." She sees hopes to use her job as a science educator to inspire curiosity and to "spark something in people" so they too understand the weight of the climate crisis.  



 

Comments

Popular Posts