Post No.1

     Hello! My name is Tobermorey Berrey (you can call me Tobey). This summer I will be transferring to Mt. Hood Community College where I will be majoring in Funeral Service. I am taking this class because I find photojournalism very interesting (having a press pass can get you in to just about everywhere it seems) and to hone what little photography skills I have (as well as for the credit). As I stated, I don't have much in the way of photography experience out side of an iPhone and my freshman year film class.



    This is a picture of the 300 year old Sycamore Gap tree (aka The Robin Hood Tree) near Hadrian's wall in Northumberland, England. I was lucky enough to snap some pictures of the gorgeous thing while on a trip with my dad in 2022. This picture is one of my favorites for multiple reasons, but mostly because some horrible vandals cut it down in September of last year. I am very grateful I got to see it when I did!
     Three goals I have in mind for this class are to hone my photography skills, to hone my journalism skills, and to become more adept at using something other than an iPhone to take pictures. I want to focus on these goals because I have loved taking pictures since I was a little kid, but I am just now taking the steps to get better at it!! 
    
Here are my contributions to the first assignment...
I took this after our first class, I really liked the contrast of the bright green and vivid blue next to the dark concrete of the building. 

Again, I just liked the contrast...

Can you tell I have a foliage fascination? The sun was hitting this tree and made it glow!


Comments

Popular Posts